Thanks for saving trees. Pass on our online GREEN edition to a friend.
School Directory 2019-20
Click on the magazine cover
to see the online version
– Insider’s Guide: Getting Into College
– A One-of-a-Kind Learning Program: Pattison’s Academy for Comprehensive Education (PACE)
– We Are the Champions: Two Teams, Two State Championships, Two Years Running
– Directory of Schools
– Palmetto Christian Academy: Achieving Excellence Through Faith-Based Education
– Oceanside Collegiate Academy: High School, College and Beyond!
Read More Digital Magazines
Lowcountry Women in Business
Lowcountry Cuisine Magazine
October is Dyslexia Awareness Month
Dyslexia was first identified in German physician Oswald Berkhan in 1881 and officially named “dyslexia” by ophthalmologist Rudolph Berlin 6 years later. Berkhan discovered the existence of the developmental reading disorder later named dyslexia while studying the case of a young boy who had severe problems learning to read and write properly, despite being overall bright and intellectually and physically capable. Since dyslexia was discovered, physicians the world over have been working on different ways to help the dyslexic manage their disorder, and a special dyslexia font has been invented to help those afflicted to read more easily. Dyslexia Awareness Month was Created by The International Dyslexia Association and takes place over the entire course of October each year.
MORE: School Directory Articles