Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse
Step one: Create feuilletine layer
- 5 ounces milk chocolate
- 8 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces feuilletine (oven-crisped crepes)
- In the large pot, heat water until boiling.
- Place chocolate and peanut butter into a smaller pot, then place it on top of the large pot using the boiling water as a heat source to melt the ingredients. This is called a bain marie.
- Fold in the crushed feuilletine.
- Spread over a silpat, about an eighth of an inch thick.
Step two: Create chocolate sauce
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- 5 cups cocoa powder
- 5 cups heavy cream
- Bring sugar and water to a rapid boil.
- Reduce heat and add cocoa powder, stirring constantly.
- Add heavy cream and continue to stir until thick.
Step three: Create mousse
- 10 ounces milk chocolate
- 4 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- Place chocolate, peanut butter and salt into a heat-proof container.
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Pour milk over chocolate peanut butter mixture.
- Burr mix mixture with a hand blender until completely combined.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Combine chocolate mixture with cream.
Step four: Assembling the dessert
- Use a two-and-a-half or three-inch ring mold to cut the frozen feuilletine layer.
- Leave feuilletine in the bottom of the ring mold.
- Pour chocolate mixture on top.
- When completely frozen, use a torch to loosen mousse from ring mold, set aside.
- Cut the same amount of feuilletine rounds to top the mousse.
Roasted Banana Gelato
- 2 quarts milk
- 2 quarts cream
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 cups egg yolks
- 5 or 6 ripe bananas
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Juice of one orange
- Place milk and cream into a pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add eggs into a bowl with the sugar, and whisk until pale yellow.
- Temper egg yolks with hot cream mixture.
- Place back in the pot and continue until anglaise has been achieved. Remove from stove.
- Slice bananas and place them in an oven safe pan.
- Add brown sugar and orange juice.
- Roast in the oven at 325 degrees, stirring once in a while until bananas are caramelized — about 10 to 15 minutes — then remove from the oven.
- Using a hand blender, mix bananas into the cream mixture and strain using a chinois.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Spin into an ice cream maker as directed.
Leave a Reply