Thanks for saving trees. Pass on our online GREEN edition to a friend.
School Directory 2018
Click on the magazine cover
to see the online version
– Directory of Schools
– School Lunches: Food for Thought
– One-of-a-Kind Learning Program: Pattison’s Academy for Comprehensive Education
– Insider’s Guide for Success: Getting Into College
– Transforming Lives: Trident Academy
– Palmetto Christian Academy: Achieving Excellence Through Faith-Based Education
October is Dyslexia Awareness Month
Dyslexia was first identified in German physician Oswald Berkhan in 1881 and officially named “dyslexia” by ophthalmologist Rudolph Berlin 6 years later. Berkhan discovered the existence of the developmental reading disorder later named dyslexia while studying the case of a young boy who had severe problems learning to read and write properly, despite being overall bright and intellectually and physically capable. Since dyslexia was discovered, physicians the world over have been working on different ways to help the dyslexic manage their disorder, and a special dyslexia font has been invented to help those afflicted to read more easily. Dyslexia Awareness Month was Created by The International Dyslexia Association and takes place over the entire course of October each year.